Date(s) - Saturday June 16, 2012
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Your Business and the Web, Session 3:
Becoming a Blogging Rockstar
For more information on the entire seminar, or to register for the entire three-part series, visit the main seminar page.
Putting it All Together:
With an understanding of how the web works, and what tools you need, seminar three is all about implementation. We’ll cover effective marketing techniques and how to use them. Participants will learn the complete SEO blogging process from topic selection to post publishing content proliferation. Blogging is not effective with out SEO and some effort to promote the new content. We’ll show you the minimum you need to do, as well as advanced techniques that will really boost your post rankings.
“Just start a blog” will be a lot less mysterious already at this point because of the knowledge gained in the seminar. However, just like the difference between theory and practice in other areas, sitting down at your computer requires the ability to do the latter.
Write and post effectively
- Determine where content is needed (based on your KW research, the value of ranking for various terms, and your branding)
- How and why to create a content queue
- Determine actual KW targets for a blog post (and what to do when this is clear as mud)
- Find new keyword related topics to write about
Leverage other site components
- Explain the relationship between posts, pages, categories, and structural elements of your site
- Determine how to arrange blog posts into categories and how to make category pages in important landing pages themselves (very commonly this is not done well)
Support your blog from the outside
- What types of businesses should be using popular social media platforms, and how
- Interacting with other bloggers and guest authors
- Link building theory and basics
- Fun ways to engage and keep fans
PCC Cascade Campus